1. Call meeting to order.
2. Prayer and pledge of allegiance.
3. Consider approval of the minutes of the December 17, 2018 meeting.
4. Any citizen who desires to address the City Council on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. Per the open meeting act, the City Council may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. All presentations are subject to a five (5) minute time limit.
5. Discuss, consider or take action on awarding the bid for a collection agency to collect outstanding utility bills and municipal court fines and fees to McCreary, Vesela, Bragg & Allen LLC.
6. Discuss, consider or take action on awarding the bid to Hibbs & Todd to conduct a survey of airport property in order to enter the 2019/2020 Tx Dot routine maintenance program.
7. The City Council may hear an update on the Abilene-Ballinger water project from City engineer Ken Martin.
8. The City Council may consider, discuss and approve an engineering agreement with Jacob & Martin for the design phase of the Abilene-Ballinger water project.
9. The City Council may consider, discuss and authorize the Mayor’s signature on various Texas Water Development Board forms required to close on the funding of the Abilene-Ballinger water project.
10. Discuss, consider or take action on updating the Regional Hazard Mitigation with the West Central Texas COG.
11. Discuss, consider or take action on a review from the auditor concerning the City finances and procedures.
12. Discuss, consider or take action on concerns from Becky Ferguson regarding the child pick-up and drop-off site on Highway 67.
13. Discuss, consider or take action on amending the operation hours and pricing fees for the recycling center.
14. The City Council may consider, discuss or take action to start the demolition process on the following substandard properties:
A. Thomas Clinton Owens – 1108 N 10th Street – Lots 9-10, Block 11-Bowden Addition
B. Eduardo G. Pena – 705 N. 14th Street-Part of Lot 3, All of Lot 4, Block 9-Guion Add.
C. John Majalca – 308 Strong Avenue-Lot 15, Block 22-original Addition
D. Kevin Bolen – 905 Pou Avenue – Part of Lot 10, Block 6 – Bowden Addition
E. Mack Smith/Jeanette Johnson – 501 S. Broadway-Lot 10, Block 65 – 0riginal Add.
F. Helen Boger/Helena Black-509 S. Broadway-Lot 6, Block 65 – 0riginal Add.
15. Consider approval of building permits.
16. Discuss, consider or take action on the police department monthly and annual activity reports.
17. Hear the City Administrator’s bi-weekly report.
– Ivie will be closing the raw water line for maintenance
– The City crew will be helping the Ballinger Livestock install panels in the arena at the community center
– City staff is working on updating the Capital equipment and inventory list
– A committee will be looking at amending the personnel policy handbook
– The assigned committee will be looking at the proposed updates to the ordinance book
– The assigned committee will be looking at updating the City Charter
– A kick-off meeting has been scheduled with the engineer for the plaza fountain improvement project
– CDL classes for City employees will be taught in the Council room starting Monday, January 7, 2019 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
– Consider changing the date for the next January meeting
18. Hear request for future agenda items from City Council.