BRUSH WILL NO LONGER BE PICKED UP FROM ALLEYS EFFECTIVE 11/3/2021.
City Crews have spent this week collecting brush/limbs by hand from all of the alleys in town as a final sweep. If any brush was left at your residence (in the alley), one or more of the following conditions, as per City Ordinance, prevented pickup:
- Trash or other non-brush materials were present in or on the brush pile
- Brush pile exceeded the acceptable dimensions in length or weight
- Alley maintenance of home occupant’s responsibility was in disrepair to the point where it made the brush pile inaccessible
Any brush present in alleys as of 11/5/21 must be removed by the home occupant no later than 11/20/21 to avoid citation under Ballinger Code Enforcement.
Going forward, brush pickup will be as follows:
- Brush Pickup Policy:
- The City of Ballinger will provide brush pickup services within City Limits based on a revolving quadrant pattern. (See Quadrant Map link at end of this post)
- All brush pickup is subject to the following regulations:
- Home Occupant brush ONLY
- Any contractors who dump bush will be subject to a $500 fine per occurrence
- Brush/Limbs must be cut down to less than 4 feet in length
- Brush/Limb Piles may be no larger than 4 ft long x 4 ft wide x 6 ft high
- Brush/Limb piles must be placed on the property line along designated streets only – limbs may not be placed in the alley.
- EXCEPTION: Residences addressed along Broadway or Hutchings Avenue are to place their brush/limbs in the alley for traffic safety purposes.
- Brush/Limb piles must be staged so as not to present a traffic hazard
- Brush/Limb piles must be staged clear of all power lines, poles, trees, cars, and mailboxes
- NOTHING additional may be mixed in with brush/limb pile (soil, grass, wood, trash, etc)
- Home Occupant brush ONLY
- Brush/Limb piles that do not meet regulations for pickup will be tagged with bright yellow tag
- Tag will state the date and the reason for non-pickup
- Resident has three calendar days to do one of the following:
- Remedy the situation themselves per instructions on the yellow tag
- Remove and dispose of the pile themselves
- Piles that do not meet regulations after three days will constitute a Code Violation, and will be cited
- Reasonable Accommodation: Quantities of brush/limbs greater than listed above, or piles that cannot be safely staged on the street may be disposed of on a space-available basis at the City’s brush yard. This must be done by calling City Hall and making arrangements with Public Works for an appropriate City Employee to supervise a scheduled disposal at the brush yard.